Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog AUTUMN JUVENILE WEIGHTS Reply To: AUTUMN JUVENILE WEIGHTS

Hi, we are in south UK and still quite mild at present. They didn’t emerge from hibernation until 31st March this year and I didn’t see any young ones until late in August.

I was so pleased to get all clips of hedgehogs and no rats. Quite windy here, so lots of leaves to nest with. We have had a rescued hedgehog from another city released here and I reckon he is using the hedgehog house but our local visitors use the semi rural setting we are in to nest.

I think they hibernated at the end of November last year and they all disappeared together, like someone had flipped a switch. I’ll put up the camera in a month’s time and see how they are getting on.

Hedgehog