Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Nic

Hi Annie

Yes, indeed, thank goodness for Digger. Guaranteed to lift the spirits every time she makes her way through the arch into the feeding area. I can usually tell it’s her, by the way she walks, even before she is close enough to see the markings. Still no sign of the others, but the two (large) hoglets are still visiting as well. They make me laugh too. There are usually three bowls but they will insist on sharing one of them! They don’t turn up together to start with, but must have a meeting place somewhere in the flower bed and later on revisit together.

Naughty Frank. That’s what the cat I used to have did. I remember spending ages, once, emptying the entire crockery cupboard, because a wood mouse he had brought in and let loose, got into it. It took me hours to wash it all up afterwards too, because I didn’t know where the mouse had been, and had heard about their unreliable bladders. I suppose cats will be cats! I saw the visiting cat here climb up on top of my ponds in tubs to drink out of one of them. Was amazed to see that he could balance on such a narrow top and didn’t look in the least danger of falling in.

Good to hear Pete has visited again and is looking well and your garden sounds as if it is going to look good in the Spring after all your hard work. I have treated myself to some new shrubs (they had some good deals on at the garden centre). Some still waiting to be planted. I have a bird bath on a pedestal in the middle of the lawn and am planning on planting some wild flowers round it next year. So far I have just got some bulbs there. Not sure whether it will end up too damp for them, when the starlings all get in the bird bath and slosh around, but worth a try, I thought.

Hedgehog