Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog What can I feed visiting wild hedgehogs (that is good for them?). Reply To: What can I feed visiting wild hedgehogs (that is good for them?).

My hedgehogs will not touch wet cat and dog food. The do like the small dry cat ‘biscuits’ contaning mixed meats. Cheapest are from Wilkos. I have been giving them small amounts of mealworms with bird suet sticks. Is that OK?
They turn their noses up at hedgehogs bits, though they do like the dried banana that the packet contains.
They have a feeding box which I have made cat resistant.

Hedgehog