Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Weather Watchers Reply To: Weather Watchers

Nic

Hi Penny

Thanks for the link. Typical – no sooner did I download another copy than I found the old one! I hope they don’t have a bonfire at the school too, or if they do that they, at least, build it on the day and check carefully for hogs – and amphibians.

The berry thing is old country folklore, but the slightly more boring, scientific reason, for lots of berries is to do with the weather conditions the Spring before. And yes, you were right. How did I guess?! On the balance of probabilities they’ll get it right one day!

Sorry about poor old Simba. We really do set ourselves up for sadness. I sometimes wonder whether to try not to recognise the hogs, but, with some of them, you just can’t help it. I had pretty much resigned myself to Digger not coming back this year, as she has been around for so long, so it was such a treat to see her again. Now, she is getting more than her fair share of appearances on saved video clips, in case this is her last year.

Hedgehog