Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Nic

I guess Digger will be making her nest ready for winter as the temperature is dropping now. Love the story of the 2 hogs feeding together, meeting up somewhere in your border to have a chat over supper perhaps.

Did you see Autumnwatch, they showed a clip somebody sent in of a hedgehog feeding at a dish being bashed sideways by a badger but it still seemed to be sticking around. Not sure I’d like to see badgers near my hogs if I had any, specially after things I’ve read on here.

Set up the camera outside last night & the wonderful new super strength batteries which have only been used a few times packed up as soon as it started recording. 2 of them were quite flat, the others still had some charge. Bought a dud on eBay possibly, you never know. Sat down for some entertainment this evening only to see sweet nothing on it except me setting it up.

Yes, know what you mean about mouse wee. The large basket in the dresser that the last mouse was hiding in has been sniffed very excitedly by Minx & Frank but the things in it aren’t washable! Frank’s door is still on OUT only, makes for less sleep for me as though I keep him in at night if I can he’s a wildy having grown up on the streets before living with us & insists on his nocturnal ramblings. I then wake up all the time from crazy dreams & have to go & see if he’s there & wants to come in! His kennel’s a few feet away from the window his door is in & super warm with a soft catbed & vet bedding so he usually kips in there til I let him in.

What activity have you seen in your garden?

Hedgehog