Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Nic

Hi Annie

Believe it or not, Digger was still here last night. I didn’t see any of the large ‘hoglets’. She visited 8 times, that I saw, and a couple more on the cam. The cam missed a big chunk from 9.30 to just past midnight when she was back again – and it was really cold! She ate quite a lot. I checked last year and the 30th was the last night she visited so imagine she will hibernate quite soon – although I’m a bit worried she might have had more hoglets. If she has there isn’t much hope for them unless they make an appearance. I also see the two missing females were here a few days later than her last year and there were quite a few hoglets around – so, much quieter this year.

Yes, I did see the badger and hedgehog on Autumnwatch and agree, I wouldn’t want to have badgers eating next to hogs, especially after the things I have heard.

Sounds a lovely bed Frank has. They can be a worry sometimes all these animals!

The visiting cat has been showing a lot of interest in one patch of bushes, I think there might be some baby mice in there somewhere. I see one out in the open now and then. Hopefully, he will deter any potential rats which might be thinking of visiting.

It went a bit quiet birdwise, but now a few blackbirds are beginning to appear again to boost the numbers of the usual sparrows, collared doves, etc. Some evenings the starlings get into quite a decent sized group and fly around. Not quite a murmuration, but still good to see them flying around and suddenly changing direction, etc. Always amazes me how they don’t collide.

Wilpar
Thanks for the info. re. the batteries.

Hedgehog