Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hibernation Reply To: Hibernation

Thank you for the advice Nic.
I will leave some hay under a cover close by so he can take it or leave it. I am just happy he’s using it. I don’t know why I worry as when I came across the mature hedgehog, by accident In February, he was wrapped in leaves by the side of the garage! I will check cctv over the weekend. I have seen a mouse & a rat I the yard but Only recently. The cat is a good deterrent – usually. Though he has no issues with the hogs. I will however look for any Hoglets on the cameras.
We have been leaving some hedgehog food in the normal place so will continue to do so as the mature ones may turn up too & I will put some close to the kennel.
Must be lovely having the hogs still coming along. : 🙂

Hedgehog