Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Nic

Horrible to hear of all those hogs in the road, must be high numbers there you’d think but maybe just plain unlucky due to the nature of the surroundings being close to a road.

Hope the cat has stopped eating your hog food if you still have hogs visiting, a cat who visits our garden was sitting on the fence yesterday hanging down & trying to scoop bird pellets from their feeder!

Frank has a cat doorbell, it plays the Pink Panther theme when he walks in front of the sensor which wakes me up & I can let him in as long as his mouth’s empty! Makes for better sleep for me & on the whole he’s in most of the night now, long may that continue. Found it on the sometimes wonderful Internet & rather glad as he’s much safer being in than out.

Has Digger gone into hibernation yet, the weather is so up & down again must be hard for them to know what to do. No sign of any hogs at all here or happily on the roads so am looking forward to the Spring to see what it brings. Rather hope she & the hoglets you’ve seen are all safely snuggled up for winter.

A nearby garden has Palm trees & the fruit is obviously ready to eat, or was til a few days ago when a hoard of starlings descended raucously from the skies & stripped it bare in a moment.

Red Admirals still around now & again on the few remaining flowers, good year for them apparently.

Hedgehog