Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Nic

Hi Annie

The cat managed to get into what I thought was a cat proof box last night. Grrr. So annoying now that the hogs need the food more than ever. Just when I had seen on the cam that both hoglets were finally going in there. (I haven’t ever seen Digger go in.) So this afternoon I made an extra partition – only cardboard at the moment, but hopefully strong enough to keep the cat out. Only trouble is the hoglets may not like it either. They now have to turn straight left and go to the end, through the gap and sharp right, to the end and through a smaller gap then sharp left.

From which you will have realised that the two hoglets are still visiting. Digger missed last night, but it was horribly wet and windy and she was here the night before. She is beginning to miss the odd night now and then so I am guessing it won’t be too long now before hibernation. The only trouble is, when she does visit it is very late.

Those naughty starlings eating all the fruit. I was beginning to wonder whether they were going into the hog box, too. I have seen them going just inside the door when I was leaving a trail, but I don’t think they went right in.

I have been seeing Red Admirals as well. I felt a bit sorry for them, as there aren’t that many flowers around here. They must be getting confused with the changeable weather too.

Love the idea of Frank sauntering along to the Pink Panther tune. Glad to hear he is mostly staying in, now.

Hedgehog