Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hibernation Reply To: Hibernation

The little one (though not so little any more) is still visiting us every night, and we think it may have taken up residence in the hedgehog house at the top of the garden – somebodey definitely has. We are so pleased he is still coming – getting a good feed and gaining plenty of weight. The longer he comes, the more likely he is to survive the winter. And , I think I caught the adult on camera the other night too, so maybe that is just keeping a lower profile rather than hibernating.
We also have plenty of cats, rats and a fox that visits (oh, and a rabbit was in the garden Monday night, for some reason, God knows where that came from) so plenty of animals eating – though I don’t think the cats are eating, just watching, as we put Ark hedgehog food down, which the don’t seem to bother with. The rats like it though 🙁

Hedgehog