Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Nic

Just read your missive to Penny about your hoglet still being active, surely one of Digger’s offspring to show such initiative & resistance to cold weather! Your second box has obviously been a life saver.

Have spent last 2 weeks in bed with a vile lergy, just beginning to recover enough to put the laptop on & see what the rest of you are up to.

Lot of bird activity, keep the water clear every morning when I feed them as my way of fighting back at my bug – going out no matter what the weather as the wildlife have to – & breathing some clean air.

A yellow rose in a neighbour’s garden is in bud, my hebe & escallonia flowered again when I cut them both back a little in autumn & the escallonia has only just decided to start to stop flowering. Hope some insects have been able to take advantage of them, hebe still going strong.

Hedgehog