Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Nic

Hi Annie

Apologies for the delay replying. Sorry to hear you had the dreaded lergy. Hope you are feeling better now. I think you are right – it’s good to get some fresh air, even if you are feeling grotty. It’s interesting what is coming into flower, but I suppose it has been such strange weather with some quite mild spells. I have some crocuses beginning to flower already, before even the snowdrops. It is nice, though, and makes me think Spring really is not far off now.

The birds are chomping their way through lots of food, rat hasn’t been seen for about a week (it’ll probably be back tonight, now I’ve said that!) and none of the cats has been seen going into the new feed box. Hoglet has been here every night. Loads of clips of rear end of hoglet (am beginning to recognise her back legs!) going into either the feed box or her nest box, but still not sure whether she is staying there for the day. I’m really pleased she has taken to the new box so well. The only time I got clips of her coming OUT of boxes was when the cam went wrong again the other night and was taking non-stop clips. About 360, so not as bad as in the Summer. Hoglet sometimes arrives about 11, but seems to know if I have decided to stay up late to see her and always arrives later those nights, so I have pretty much given up and rely on the cam. Also, I sat and looked through loads of back to back clips when the cam went wrong, waiting for her to come out of the feed box, only to next see her arriving through the arch onto the patio. Not sure how she manages it!

I am thinking that she must be Digger’s too. She has quite a dark skirt like her and although she has a paler face, is beginning to get a bit of a shape of Digger. Also there weren’t really any other females left around so late. I will have to think of a proper name for her soon! Although I’m not 100% sure she is a she.

Hedgehog