Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hibernation Reply To: Hibernation

Hi Nic

Although they are small definitely not thin they look healthy I think there are 2 maybe 3 of them but they seem to have ticks, one more than the other (its difficult to tell on camera) so I have got my tick remover handy and will try and catch them to sort them out. They are coming every night now I have had a camera rigged up all winter and yes I know winter is not over but I have several hedgehog homes which they can shuffle back too, including 4 made homes and 3 wood piles. The adults in my garden are still asleep.
I have the phone number from the vets of someone who takes in hedgehogs and in an emergency I will contact her but I understand a lot of these lovely people are overrun with hedgehogs and I like to try not interfere with nature just give it a helping hand.

Hedgehog