Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Nic

I’d be worried about the responsibility too, you seem to have cracked it regarding keeping cat out & giving clever little hoglet a way in, well done! Frank managed to bend his way in last year when I partitioned off the catbox for any hog who fancied it, you’d think it was physically impossible because of the angles & small proportions of it but I watched him squeeze his way in, disappear inside & eventually came out – head first – again. That’s one reason cats get into so much trouble, determination to see something & they sometimes get stuck.

Wilpar, you have a responsibility too now, guess it’s lucky you saw the hog so now you can ensure there’s food every night. Good luck.

Cats are greedy so & so’s, I think some of them just eat anything anywhere no matter if they’ve just been fed. I used to put food ours refused out for the magpies in the hope they’d leave the small birds alone & Frank would go out & eat it (yum, what’s this nice food that I just turned my nose up at in the house doing out here) straight after having a meal in the kitchen. He now finds it’s left in his dish until he eats it.

Look forward to further reports of both your hogs, Nic & Wilpar.

Hedgehog