Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN! Reply To: NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN!

Hi Penny, Nic

Sorry Nic, it seems that you can only put a link to something on here if it is already on this site or on another website. So I don’t think I can provide a link to a document that is just in a personal folder. I have no IT skills to speak of, I just called up the editing toolbar and played around with it to get what I wanted. I can’t actually tell you what I did, it was just fluke that I ended up with something reasonable.

Penny, I have found delivering the leaflets hard going for two reasons. The first is that when apportioning the village street map into areas I might cover each day, I just looked at the streets and gave no thought at all to distances from pavement to letterbox. This has turned out to be a big issue in the older parts of the village where properties are built on far more generous plots. Paths and driveways can sometimes be 4 times the distance between properties – and you walk those twice. The other reason is that although I’m printing the leaflets on letterhead quality paper, which is just a little bit thicker than the standard printer paper I use, nevertheless – though this could be down to my poor postman skills – I have found it hard to push the leaflets through letterboxes that have those brush draught barriers (which is most of them). So much so, that on my first trip out I took a fair bit of skin off my right hand. I then found I couldn’t deliver the leaflets with normal gloves on, so I took some scissors to a pair of old non-knitted gloves to make them fingertip-less. Please consider your hands Penny.

I printed off another 300 leaflets yesterday so I’m off out again shortly! Let’s hope it all pays off.

Hedgehog