Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Nic

Hi Annie

I hope you are well after your visit to Weston-super-mare. The snow was a bit of a problem – I cleared a path up the garden for hoglet (he hasn’t quite changed name yet!) one night, but by the next morning it was a foot deep again. Cleared it again the next night, but of course the poor chap had to get through whatever else was in between here and where his day nest is. I didn’t see him for 2 nights, but then he was back again, looking very wary and ate quite a lot of food the first couple of nights back. The snow has gone now, and thank goodness he is back to his normal self again. He seems to be spending less time here and doing more foraging, which is good really – the foraging bit. He still seems to be eating about the same amount but in fewer ‘sittings’.

I did wonder whether I had another hog back as well, but think it may just have been hoglet. The cameras were sometimes a bit misty. It shouldn’t be long now before some more of the males reappear. Hope you get lots of hogs there this year.

Hedgehog