Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Why Is Hedgehog's Body Vibrating As He Enters Nest? Reply To: Why Is Hedgehog's Body Vibrating As He Enters Nest?

Nic

Hi MrsHogoftheHedge

Sounds like you have pretty definitive proof of 2 hogs then! It is interesting how you can sometimes detect quite different characters in the hogs. Just a tip for ‘hubby’, though, re. hog nests, it is best to leave them until April: https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/cleaning-out-boxes/
Even if you don’t think one is empty, there may be times when they still use them. Like the one here. Having seen the little chap here spending hours taking material into his box, I know it takes a huge amount of work for them to build one. The males usually start coming out of hibernation any time now, but the females often not until a month’s time or more.

Glad to hear the hogs there seem well. I wouldn’t worry too much about feeding stations, they will probably sort it out, otherwise you could end up with a whole row of them! I usually feed the hogs here in the open during the summer – makes it easier to watch them.

Interesting that you have house, or garden, trained hogs! The one here seems to have been very clean and tidy and I have seldom seen any poos from him at all – until recently. Last night there were two in the feeding box. Don’t want him starting to get into those sort of habits!

Hedgehog