Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Let sleeping Hogs Lie Reply To: Let sleeping Hogs Lie

That is wonderful to hear! We have two houses and a “feed house”! Because of the “mild” winder we’ve added food to this food house and some nights it gets taken and others it’s not. Hay has been put under a shelter of slates and has been pulled into said houses. I assume that’s ok to do….There is also evidence of “nesting in the hay under the slates….

Just two nights ago I walked to the “house area” and very nearly stepped on a large hedgie looking for food.

The “evidence” of their presence is around the garden, on the lawn, so I HOPE we’re doing the right things…..

Hedgehog