Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Why Is Hedgehog's Body Vibrating As He Enters Nest? Reply To: Why Is Hedgehog's Body Vibrating As He Enters Nest?

Nic

Hi

Yes, I agree, water is vital all sorts of times and one of them is when they come out of hibernation. It is a good idea to have water, always, available in the garden even if there don’t seem to be hogs around – one might turn up.

So the little one was bossing the big one around! I have had one chap here who was very big, but a gentle giant and often got biffed by much smaller hogs, although it is more often the other way round.

I am delighted that a hog has finally come back from hibernation to join the one who’s been here all winter. Needless to say, there was a punch up there too. Boy hogs will be boys! Bit of a shock for the young winter hog. He probably has never met an adult male before and has had the place to himself all winter. He wasn’t to know that he was supposed to roll up! Eventually he did roll up, after a good biffing, but seemed none the worse for wear later on.

You get a good view of the hogs in your feeding box. I might have to try out one like that for rainy nights. The table works up to a point but the food still tends to get a bit wet from splashes. I wonder about having two doors, for an escape route if necessary – or would it weaken the structure too much, do you think?

Hedgehog