Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Concerned about daytime outings. Reply To: Concerned about daytime outings.

Nic

Hi Sue

That’s brilliant. I caught my hardy winter hog on cam building a nest last year, when he was still quite young. Two nights running, like clockwork, he started work at 5a.m. It’s fascinating isn’t it. Amazing how much material they can carry in their mouths at a time and I loved the moustache effect! If Mum knows there’s food there, I’m sure she’ll keep visiting. It is normal for them to separate when the youngster grows up. Sometimes the male youngsters move on somewhere else after a bit, but I have found that they tend to visit from time to time, especially to start with.

Hedgehog