Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Nic, yes been a bit quiet, mainly because my Dad died on February 12th & that’s also why I went to Weston for a week to get my head together. He was 91 but that doesn’t make things any easier.

Have made a feeding box in case of hog visits from an (abandoned in the street by a neighbour ) old plastic storage box, upturned with a hog sized cut entrance offset each end. Heavy weights on top to stop it being overturned/blown away. So far only a cat has been interested & she managed to pull the feeding dish out of the entrance & ate the semi moist hog food & cat biscuits that were in it! She’s the one who scoops bird food out of the feeder on the fence, seems well fed but she obviously disagrees.

Seems you have a cat problem of your own, wonder where they’ve all come from. Poor hoglet getting biffed, hope he gets an easier life from now on. Blinkin cheek muscling in on his garden when he’s been your regular visitor all through winter, better put a sign up declaring it his territory.

Time to put my camera out & try some more with my feeding shelter & working out how to stop Cat from getting the dish out, she must be a contortionist.

Hedgehog