Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Nic

Thank you for your kind words, yes, remembering happy days with Dad, he was ready to go which makes it easier, just weird.

Sadly something really awful has happened, my beloved Frankie was killed in a road accident on April 3rd, he was out mid morning still after not returning from his early morning adventures & tried to cross the very busy road round the corner. He was killed instantly & a lovely girl stopped & picked him up & took him to the vets nearby who read his chip & rang me. Totally lost without him, he was the glue that held me together. He’s usually fast asleep on the bed long before the time he was killed, he must have been too busy to come home when it was quieter. Have been trying to find a way to move away from here for a long time to get him away from the road, no way I could keep him in all the time as he was living wild before he moved in with me & though he stayed in lately almost 24 hours a day he still liked his outings. Very sad house, much missed little man.

Put semi moist Spike food out for hedgehogs still with no cat biscuits but only slugs seemed to be eating it, Cat hadn’t bothered to try getting the dish out yet when I emptied the remains of it on the border on the weekend Cat (the visiting cat who Frankie was quite happy to have around) ate it all. No sign of any hogs visiting yet.

Hope your hogs are busily eating you out of house & home, in the nicest possible way.

Hedgehog