Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Nic

Oh that’s great to hear, have been waiting to see her name crop up again, good old Digger. Hope you’ve seen her since too.

Re your poor cat’s blood parasite from what I’ve been reading they can get them from the animals they prey on, mice etc, horrible for you & him however it happened. Not something you hear about, I certainly haven’t before yours. My friend’s rescue greyhound has picked up toxoplasmosis & is very ill, beginning to respond to unpleasant meds at last, long way to go though.

Rat had a safe end in your box, not nice to think of any animal suffering & having nowhere peaceful to end its life. Really rats are just here to clean up the mess we leave around on the whole, they’re very affectionate animals even wild born ones. Met one called George at Secret World sanctuary in Somerset many years ago, a total sweetie.

Little slugs are the only beneficiaries of my hog food still, no sign at all of droppings either. Maybe not a very safe environment round here with busy roads & too many strimmers etc. You can’t wrap wildlife in cottonwool can you, or cats come to that.

Bird activity is extremely busy, diving about in the borders eating insects every day. Saw a Peacock butterfly when I was litterpicking by the river a week ago, flitting from pieces of rubbish to the undergrowth nearby. There was a water vole too, snapped by one of the organisers as it was unconcerned by all the people & just sat nibbling grasses.

Sensible Horace going for the hog food, I’ve been trying to find kitten food but need a larger supermarket than I have access to.

Hope your hoggy visitors start to arrive a little earlier for you!

Hedgehog