Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hog Observations Reply To: Hog Observations

Hi Nic,

I find hogs endearing full stop.

Well the hog house was vacant tonight but the hog that has spent the last 2 nights in there turned up about 10pm tonight so he must have hung out somewhere else today. I know they don’t use any one day nest for long so not a big surprise but it will be interesting to see if he stays there again tonight.

Your term on patrol is a great as this is exactly what it looked like – a hog checking his environment for intruders, anything unusual or a lady friend!

Your story about the hog sniffing your hand reminds we when I also went out a couple of years ago, a bit later then normal, to put out food only to realise a hog was nearby. I didn’t want to frighten it so I stood stock still and it came right up to my feet, had a good sniff and then moved on (probably didn’t like what it smelt!).

I haven’t seen the other hog that was running around all over the place last night but there is still time. Likewise I haven’t seen the previous resident of the hog house since last Thursday so hope its ok as it had been a regular visitor until the hog fight that same night.

Hedgehog