Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hog Observations Reply To: Hog Observations

Hi Nic,

Well it was pretty quiet here too until around 11pm. I had one hog arrive around 9ish but when I took a peak around 11 I saw there was a hog rolled up on the patio with another hog not far away (probably the one that had done the bashing to get the other hog to roll up) then another hog run past and went straight in to the hogitat house. The other hog then run off whilst the rolled up hog, still snorting away, then unrolled, stopped snorting, and slowly walked off but not before having a feed.

So I had 3 hogs in play 2 male for sure but maybe the third was a female. I will take a peek in the hogitat when I get a chance as there seems to be more activity going on in there in the past 2 nights than the whole of last year when I first put it out (it was an Xmas 2016 present).

Well there was a hog in my home built house, came out at 8.20, but I couldn’t positively identify which one. There was no patrolling tonight and I think it headed off on its evening stroll.

The hog that was bashed last night has been back around 10 (I don’t think it was the one in the house) and has done a bit of a smash & grab on the food, but still had time for a bit of air sniffing, and has already departed (its like it knew it was on another hogs terrority but smelt the coast was clear and it came in quick, had a bite to eat, checking for smells to avoid another bashing).

My comments above is me only surmising as to what I see but wish I could make more sense of the hogs and their actions as I’m often left baffled as to what they are all up too.

Hedgehog