Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat How long are hedgehogs active during the night? Reply To: How long are hedgehogs active during the night?

Hi hogmeister, I’m certainly no expert but all I can say is that my hogs start feeding soon after I put food out – 9.30ish . They are then back and forth throughout the night until about 5.30. The food will be all gone well before then but they keep coming back – more in hope than anything else. If I notice that most of the food has gone before I go to bed then I will top it up! I’m not sure how many I have visiting – certainly 3 – 2 big and one much smaller. I only know about the two big ones because I have a lovely video clip of one being ‘rolled’ under the hedgehog gap by the other one!

Hedgehog