Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat How long are hedgehogs active during the night? Reply To: How long are hedgehogs active during the night?

Hi DwarfHog,

I guess they only get around 8 or 9 hours at this time of year with the days lengthening anyway but I guess they are probably active for more than 5 hours.

My hog house has been empty for the past 2 days but today it has had a resident who has just come out for supper.

It seems typically it has 2/3 nights with a resident, then 1.2 nights empty, and I know it has housed 2 different hogs in thr last 2 weeks or so.

I guess you have a trailcam or such like to film the hogs during the night which I must invest in to see what goes on when I’m asleep!

Hedgehog