Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat How long are hedgehogs active during the night? Reply To: How long are hedgehogs active during the night?

Hi hogmeister, yes I have a trailcam which is a bit temperamental at the moment! And it eats batteries as if they were going out of fashion! I have just invested in rechargeable ones so hope the cost will break even soon. I have a hog house and although hogs have been in and moved the nest material around they haven’t stayed. But they are taking the food and there is a lot of snuffling going on under the choysia! This is our first positive year with hedgehogs although we know they have been around or passing through before. I live just off a nature reserve along the river black water in Essex so if they were going to be anywhere it would be here!

Hedgehog