Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Visits Reply To: Visits

Nic

Oh dear, I feel quite sorry for poor Mrs. Fox now! If she has been used to getting food there, it probably wouldn’t harm to let her have some, just maybe in her own place away from the hogs. She may well have her own youngsters to feed. I know some people feed them side by side, but it isn’t a risk I would want to take and I don’t think it’s a good idea for hogs to get too habituated to a predator, so I would want to keep them apart, if possible. It could be argued, though, that she is less likely to be interested in the hogs if she is getting some food elsewhere. But if she is a newcomer, maybe you’d rather not encourage her anyway?

9 fat ticks – yuk! You may have already, but it’s a good idea to wash the boxes out with boiling water, especially if there have been ticks, as they may have laid eggs there.

Hedgehog