Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog Chirping Reply To: Hedgehog Chirping

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your insight and as you say I will have to wait and see and will keep my fingers crossed.

Last night I was watching another courtship display when another male hog suddenly appeared from nowhere. The couple adopted that submissive pose they do and I was braced for hog mayhem,,,,,,,,,,,,but the male hog went straight up to the water dish (right by the courting couple) and had a long drink, hog couple still in submissive pose both with snouts down and heads turned and the (dominant) male then just walked off no bashing no nothing. The other male then quickly left the scene leaving the female on her own who then hoovered up all the food.

I really can’t work out these hogs at times but I guess I’m not meant too!

Hedgehog