Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Sex! Reply To: Sex!

Yes it is lovely – until the river floods then not quite so nice! We are 2 houses up from the river so have been lucky – hope not tempting Providence! But we do get lots of birds, – ducks, swans, herons (not popular with neighbours who have fishpond!): little egret, owls, woodpeckers plus the usual garden birds. Not sure about badgers, but we do see the occasional fox and muntjac. I didn’t realise we had so many local hedgehogs until I started watching them. I now know of about 15 other houses where they are being ‘proactively’ fed – mostly around the nature reserve, houses that back on to the Norwich/London railway line and ones that surround our recreation ground. Some of us probably ‘share’ some of the same hogs but it’s just lovely to see them. Ours visit any time from about 7.30pm, right through the night on and off until about 5. They don’t seem too bothered by people – I opened the feeding station to add feed one night to find two inside waiting! Also amazed to see how much they drink! I have a shallow saucer about 8 inches across and they just wade in feet first! Haven’t been able to identify any individuals yet but think we have a juvenile plus 2 bigger adults – all boys! One episode of biffing in the feeder plus one being rolled under the fence Bly the other one! Super!! Btw, I now have a new Bushnell camera – going well so far! Agressor HD 24 if that means anything. Early birthday present from my beloved!

Hedgehog