Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog boxes Reply To: Hedgehog boxes

Nic

Hi Maggsy

That’s really interesting about the bees. Are they a type of bumble bee? Now you’ve said that, I think the ones in my porch may have been those. I have recently noticed that some are back over the porch again. I should have looked them up, but I just love having them buzzing around the garden. It’s good to hear they are good pollinators. Did you see the solitary bees on Springwatch last night? Fascinating seeing the little nest chambers.

Thanks for your kind words. You may have read about my missing female hogs this year. The most amazing thing happened last night – another female turned up! I couldn’t get a really good view of her, she kept having her back to me, but I think she is the one I haven’t seen since last August! I just hope she comes back tonight so I can get a better view.

Hedgehog