Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Nic

Hi Annie

The most amazing thing! My early bird female hog visitor has returned (You may not remember, but she used to be on my profile pic before I put the template one on). I hadn’t seen her since August so feared I wouldn’t see her again. She’s been twice now and just as always is the first one here. She is looking very small and quite narrow looking as if she needs a good feed. I saw her coming through the arch and immediately thought, that doesn’t look like Digger, so dashed to get the binoculars. She very inconveniently kept having her back to me, so I wasn’t 100% sure until last night. She is the most like Digger of all the hogs (and I have always thought they must be closely related), but has paler spines and has always been quite a bit smaller. When Digger arrived she looked a picture of health and vitality beside the little one.

There is a logical explanation. She used to come through the garden where the building was happening and it has recently finished (I hope). Unfortunately she has always had to cross the road – always a worry and I wish she would move to this side. When she left, I rushed to the front of the house to see if she appeared there, as used to happen, but didn’t see her, so you never know, maybe she will move over here.

Meanwhile, I am just so delighted to see her back – even if it is extra worry!

Hedgehog