Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat is she or isn't she? Reply To: is she or isn't she?

Nic

Hi DwarfHog

Do you mean low to the ground and long (which I call ‘slinking’)? If so I have seem males and females do that. I always think they are trying to avoid being noticed, especially by the cameras! Which often seems to work.

If your neighbour has seen babies, unless your garden is really huge or there is a large distance between your gardens, it is very likely the same hog visits both gardens. Possibly the nest was in or nearer to his garden. But I would imagine that you will be seeing some hoglets soon.

Hedgehog