Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog Graffiti! Reply To: Hedgehog Graffiti!

Glad that you have another female returned Nic, all our hopes for hoglets are pinned on Nagini after the only other female upped sticks to escape all the male attention. Nagini on the other hand can’t get enough, but still no signs yet, unless she’s leaves the kids home alone while she’s busy partying all night!

I also find that ticks are very helpful in identifying individuals Dwarfhog, but it’s useful to try and find some other identifying feature as well. I once identified one of our regulars by her ticks and her punctuality, but I realised after she had gone off to hibernate that I had no other way of identifying her, if or when she returned. Paint also wears off eventually and so it’s well worth making a note of their features. Thanks to Nic, I now pay a great deal of attention to their legs and feet. The females here – when they are around – tend to have longer and slimmer legs. Our only female at the moment, has very distinctive facial features anyway, but she also has very long back claws with one of them missing.

Hedgehog