Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT Reply To: PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT

Nic

Hi Penny

As I understand it, the EDM needs to get as many supporters as it can – even then it may not be heard, so it is really important that everyone gets their MPs on the side of the hogs. It seems it needs to have loads of MPs supporting it to even be considered. If the matter ever gets debated the hogs will need to have lots of MPs supporting them and voting for them.

I haven’t so far discovered whether there is a time limit, but, as I see it, it is urgent. The traps are out there all this time.

I think it is worth mentioning the 38 degrees petition (although I would say nearly 203,000 at present!), and also, if you happened to make a note of it, how many of the MPs constituents voted in the other petition. I believe that someone voted from every constituency in England. Other things which I think might be worth mentioning which aren’t included in the text of the EDM are why this trap is different from other traps which may also kill hedgehogs. i.e. that this trap is self re-setting and is therefore capable of killing multiple hedgehogs in a short space of time – on a more ‘industrial’ scale. Also, possibly, that the ‘optional’ tunnel is a death trap in itself, etc. But maybe that can wait until we know it is actually going to be debated.

I kept my letter fairly short, because I had written fairly comprehensibly previously, but if writing for the first time, my feeling is that a little background may be helpful. Just bear in mind MPs get thousands of emails so maybe best not to make it too long to start with.

I just hope they don’t try to make it party political, as so far most signatories are from one party. Although, I suppose that is inevitable to start with. But it is vitally important that we all write to our MPs and be prepared to provide extra information, if necessary.

Hedgehog