Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Hedgehog Fatality Reply To: Hedgehog Fatality

Nic

So sorry to hear about the little hog, Hogmeister. Well done for getting him help to at least make his end more comfortable. Makes me remember the poor strimmed chap here a while back who had to be put to sleep. I think our initial reaction is to try to save them, but sometimes it just isn’t possible. Like you, I admired the little chap here who managed to make his way to my garden despite his horrendous injuries. Sounds like the little chap there did similar as if he knew, somehow, that was where he would get help.

You are absolutely right. Outside our gardens, the hogs have so many hazards to face, over which we don’t have any control. But they have to be wild and free, it’s part of who they are. We really do leave ourselves open to sadness when we love hedgehogs but they repay us many times over by the pleasure they give us by just being there.

Keep up the good work and as you say – power to the hogs!

Hedgehog