Hedgehog Awareness Week 2021
1st May 2021
Help us celebrate and raise awareness this week!
This year Hedgehog Awareness Week is running from Sunday 2nd to Saturday 8th May. The week was set up by the British Hedgehog Preservation Society and runs every year. It aims to raise awareness of the problems hedgehogs face and how we can all help them.
Make sure to follow PTES and BHPS on social media for pictures, tips and competitions this week. Get involved and let us know what you’re up to with the hashtag #HedgehogWeek as well!
Keep an eye out
We’ve got some exciting plans this week including:
- Plenty of competitions from BHPS.
- The chance to win a NatureSpy wildlife camera on the PTES Instagram.
- Our Hedgehog Officer Grace will be joining young Hedgehog Champion Dylan for a YouTube live full of tips and information, catch it here on Sunday evening.
- Catch our Instagram live session with Grace chatting to Jo from Hedgehog Friendly Campus on Friday lunchtime.
Not sure how to get started? Here’s some ideas…
- Become a Hedgehog Champion, it’s free and you’ll get access to guides and resources for helping hedgehogs and getting others involved too!
- Share some social media posts to raise awareness with your friends and networks.
- Take the Hedgehog Garden Challenge to see how to make your garden a hedgehog haven.