Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales It was 29 years … Reply To: It was 29 years …

definately addictive – which is hopefully working to their advantage currently as interest in them rises.
A friend of mine also posted me a note yesterday evening to say she has spotted a fat hog in her garden for the first time in about 10 years – so immediately put out some water and cat biscuits. (I did suggest that if considered ‘fat’ could be a pregnant female – woo hoo!)
I suspect they have always been there – but the weather encourages them to garden forage as gardens are watered typically when very hot and they can scavenge what drops from bird tables with the ground too hard to find earthworms and beetles etc.

Undoubtedly a lifesaver for them.

Hedgehog