Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Absent Hedhehogs Reply To: Absent Hedhehogs

Nic

Hi Mrs Rose

Sorry to hear the hogs have gone missing. It is just such a funny time of year. As I said in a previous post, it is very quiet here at the moment too.

I would keep putting the food and water out, especially with this warm and dry weather we are having. It is really helpful for the hogs if they do turn up to find some food and water waiting for them. It’s difficult for them to find some of their natural food in this weather. I know it sounds a waste of food, but worth it if it saves a hog’s life. The only thing is, if you feed wet cat food, it’s best to change it daily in case flies have laid their eggs in it.

I hope they return soon. I know how easy it is to get attached to them. I have known some of the hogs here since they were hoglets, too. Good luck and let us know if/when they return. Especially if they have hoglets!

Hedgehog