Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Absent Hedhehogs Reply To: Absent Hedhehogs

Hi,
I have also noticed a drop in hog visits over the past week. At one time I had at least 4 feeding every night and all the food being taken. Now some nights hardly any has been eaten. Also my hog house which was used for hibernation and overnight stops seems to have been abandoned which is very disappointing. I am missing them.
Last night however I did watch one hog (from a distance) which decided to feed on the crumbs from a bird suet block which had been dropped by the birds. I am concerned this is not good for him/ her but don’t know of any way to stop this. Wish it would stick to the hedgehog food provided but then again when has a hog ever done what we want! 😁
Any thoughts?

Hedgehog