Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Absent Hedhehogs Reply To: Absent Hedhehogs

i have one hog who is coming out in the day and has been the past week or so. I checked it over, and all seems well, no picks, no fleas and no fly strike of injury, good breathing and sprightly. i think its probably hungry and thirsty, so continuing to provide water and support feed in feeding stations dotted around my home. i hope perhaps she is a nursing mum…ans we will soon have hoglets.
it had been quiet until recently, certainly there is not as much food being taken as last year, i wonder if all the hogs made it through the winter.
i live in a new build village and am worried as there is still lots of development going on in the area…i wonder how many have been lost because of this.
in the men time i have posted a plea on my local village spotted trying to raise awareness and get people to put water and food down. i had a god response and and inbox message asking if i could help with a community project, delighted abut that. now i have been asked to write a small article for a local news pamphlet. i have so much to say but don’t know where to start…for now i guess the immediate concern is water, highways and food….letting people know we do have active hogs. also knowing what to do if any poorly, dehydrated ones are found.
still glad to have my hog visiting at least. X

Hedgehog