Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Update on Hedgehog in hospital Reply To: Update on Hedgehog in hospital

Hedgehog is now back in his garden, I got him back last Thursday and released him that night. Almost straight away he got in to a fight with another hog who pushed him down the garden path. Oak and furrows also gave me a female who was going stir crazy in her cage and desperate to get out. I put her in a release pen with the door blocked off with the aim to release her as soon as it got dark. She had other ideas and managed to ram her way out. She hid behind the log pile for a while and then disappeared to start her new life. I don’t believe in marking my hogs so if I did get her on the cameras I would not know if it is her.

I was away for the weekend and had my father restocking the feeding and water stations while I was away. Last night was my first opportunity to see
what was going on with the hogs. My little three legged friend turned up first
and went in to the feeding station. Then 2 more hogs turned up and both went in the feeding station at the same time so I ended up with 3 hogs in the feeding station. There was lots of growling going on. They come out one by one with me looking on with my night scope. The three legged one quickly scampered off but the other 2 had a fight. As my garden is on slope, when the hogs fight they end up rolling down towards me.

At least the three legged one is trying to stay out of trouble.

Hedgehog