Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales I'm new to Hedgehog feeding Reply To: I'm new to Hedgehog feeding

Nic

Hi Jeanette

Unfortunately, the forum is sometimes targeted by people trying to get free advertising. Personally, I think they are wasting their time but they still keep trying. You can click the report button if you see any again.

About the ‘fighting’ hogs. Some of them just don’t tolerate another male, in particular, in their immediate space, wherever that happens to be. They are naturally solitary animals. It doesn’t always relate to food, although they are obviously more likely to meet if they are coming for food, although that probably applies to pretty much anywhere in a garden (unless it is enormous, of course!) Some hogs get clever at avoiding the others, but being rolled up doesn’t seem to do them any harm.

Hedgehog