Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hugh's Highway Petition Reply To: Hugh's Highway Petition

Hello Leon / Catherine,

I would encourage both of you to sign Hugh’s petition if you haven’t already, also – if you look on Hugh’s website or Chris Packhams you will find a Manifesto for Wildlife – please read and share. Its quite controversial in places, but this is no doubt necessary these days in order to get any action taken. I think these things are only the beginning of what is potentially going to be an uprising of people like you and me who feel anxious about what the future holds for our wildlife and who care about stopping the habitat depletion. the more I look into it – the more I see and hear from people like us who feel that things need to change – we just need to turn that into a voice that can be heard.
Councils and planners do need to have Policies around developments and you can ask to see them and ask to see the data – they are not supposed to be doing any development that hasn’t taken into account habitats for wildlife – including hedgehogs etc. Unfortunately saying and doing are two different things and these things will only come to light if they are challenged and exposed. I would encourage you to make your voices heard – otherwise we become part of the problem ourselves and that would be a decision we would live to regret.

Hedgehog