Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Multiple sightings in our garden! Reply To: Multiple sightings in our garden!

Nic

Hi Judith

It’s lovely to hear that your hedgehog numbers have increased. (I’m glad to hear you don’t mark them.) It isn’t unusual to have six visiting in a night. It sounds to me as if you might have hoglets of various ages visiting, if they are varying in size so much. I find that often they seem to appear, as if from nowhere, at this time of year. One year I had 12 hoglets turn up (not all together!) Not sure about the rushing around – maybe the exuberance of youth! Good luck with them all.

Hedgehog