Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Mystery Of The Missing Poo! Reply To: Mystery Of The Missing Poo!

Poor Winston! hope he has managed to find another place to call home. I’ve had several more encounters with bees over the last couple of weeks – not hunny bees this time, but bumbles. I hadn’t appreciated that on seeing them on the ground from time to time and appearing lifeless, that they are often just exhausted and you can revive them! having been told this, I’ve had the opportunity to revive a few over the last week or so. With a simple mix of sugar and water offered to them on a shallow spoon, they will drink it (which in itself is quite amazing to watch). After a few minutes (or seconds even for the smaller bumble varieties) they buzz off, back to what they were doing!

Hedgehog