Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Toguard camera Reply To: Toguard camera

Hi Nic,
Hoping all your hogs are doing well. Any news on strimmer hog?
I heard our neighbours using a strimmer last week and got anxious. I have asked them to beware in the past and I hope the message stayed with them.
We have had various hog visits so far this year. From what I can tell, all boys other than Cyclopina. We have Jack, Limpy Lou, Splodge and one I can’t quite give a name too! Limpy Lou has a front leg that he couldn’t put down. He wasn’t staying around long but had been eating and drinking well. It seems to be improving and I have caught him on camera trying to interest Cyclopsina with his huffing! We very rarely see the hogs in the flesh as I can’t stay awake past 10.
For the last 2 or 3 days Cyclopsina has not stayed in her house. We don’t think she is in the new house (we won’t look) but I have footage of her coming under the side gate into our back garden. I don’t know if she is staying there or going further afield. She came for some food last night – as she has every night but didn’t stay that long and off she went. I am keeping everything crossed that she has got a lovely clean new nest with hoglets! I will give it another few days and if she has definitely decided to vacate the house I will get in for big clean out.
We go away in a couple of weeks but have 2 lovely friends on food and water duty.
Maybe we will see her showing her babies the ropes when we get back.

Hedgehog