Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog huge hedgehog attacked by my JRT Reply To: huge hedgehog attacked by my JRT

Hi-
I am not an expert but the hedgehog may have internal injuries and could also be a mum.
I would ring the BHPS on 01584 890801 to get a local carers number for advice. Some vets also look at wildlife for free. Is your dog needing a vet visit too?
Short term give plenty of dog food and water and leave box in dark place during the day.
We had a terrier who fortunately didn’t attack hedgehogs but did let us know where they were. We took the precaution of having him on a lead in the garden from dusk.
I really hope the hedgehog and your JRT are both OK.
Please let us know what happens.

Hedgehog