Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Automatic Hog Feeding Reply To: Automatic Hog Feeding

I have found a solution! I use a plastic storage box fitted out as a feeding station to keep it dry, with a hole cut out as recommened by a web site. I then bought three cheap (about £3) feeders intended for use for cats. They feed from a small hopper by gravity into a small feed tray and are suitable for dry food. I put Spikes Dinner dry hedgehog food into it and it seems to work reasonably well for about 3 days, I can get someone to come every 3 days but they are not keen to come every day! Lots gets taken and the hedgehog droppings inside and around and about look like there is more than one coming to it. So a modicum of succcess! I put a water saucer nearby as well. I am as well linked up as I can and have passed the Hedgehog Street information around to the neighbours with a fence hole template, but as most fences have concrete gravel boards now a short underpass dug under the fence seems to be better.

Hedgehog